Tuesday, November 28, 2006

welcome

Welcome to the new Cornett family blog. The old one is still there; I couldn't seem to manage the transfer of the old posts, etc. to here. But I have been wanting to change the blog's name and address for a while and I was tempted by the beta features of the new blogger. Seems like I could either have the beta with a clean slate or get this name without the beta... so I picked the beta. I'm hanging onto the old address for a while, though, if you feel a need to catch up on back issues.

Why did I want to mess with it? I don't know, maybe it's just that I don't like to keep things the same for too long (yes, I have already rearranged the furniture in the apartment). I also didn't love the address (cream is all of our family initials if you were still wondering, but other than that it has nothing to do with us. Except that we like to cook with it. Not enough to make a relationship.), so I have lackadaisically (ooh, how often do you see that in print?) kept a back channel of my brain pondering a new option. It seems like lately I've been thinking a lot about rejoicing... OK, more often than lately because it's been going on for years. A verse I always associate with my mom is "Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." And with my grandfather: "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!" Those of you who know, know both how little reason they had to rejoice, and how much. I love the song "Blessed be Your Name" because it runs along the same lines... "Every blessing you pour out/I'll turn back to praise/When the darkness closes in, Lord/still I will say/Blessed be the name of the Lord... etc." I have so very much to celebrate in my life, and even when I don't, I do.

I don't want to claim that my life is marked by rejoicing, but I think it should be. So I would like for this (new) blog to be my own psalm, or hymn, or poem, or altar, or whatever... a testimony about what I can rejoice about in our life, and a call and a reminder to you who read it to also rejoice with me.

And don't worry, I will still be doing pictures and news... I am not going to get all heavy on you.

2 comments:

andy cornett said...

you are so clever - you amaze me.

Cindy Pratt said...

Hi Robin! Great job on your new blog! I like the meaning behind the name of it. We also enjoyed looking at your pictures. Your kids look great, and Michael especially looks older. Hope everyone is doing well there!
Cindy