a courtesy reminder
Last July, on our old blog, I asked you if you had given blood recently. There's been a good bit of water under my personal bridge since then; I'm sure the same is true for you. I mentioned my aunt in that entry. She passed away in August, which I mentioned at the time, but thought I would make note again if you missed it then. I just had a wonderful visit with my cousin (her daughter) and we naturally spent quite a bit of time talking about our mothers. It's funny, her loss is so recent and mine is not (comparatively), but our feelings are still very much the same. Does anyone ever have enough time with her mother? I am thankful to have the gift of letting mine go without regrets, but boy, do I miss her. Very thankful to have a reunion to anticipate.
Yet I digress. I would like to take this moment to issue a public service announcement: Please Give Blood. Someone's mother needs it. Most of us can donate with little or no inconvenience. Those of you who pass out from donating or are anemic or have issues, I am not talking to you. This is not a guilt trip for those with real issues (like my poor husband), but for those without. I'm not asking for martyrdom. If you have not given blood because you have better things to do with your time or you have just forgotten about it and don't actually have a good reason for not donating, I am talking to you. It is not that much time and you always get a free snack out of the deal. You may also get a free shirt (see my father's wardrobe). I know your time is valuable, but your blood is more valuable to someone whose life may depend on it.
So drop off a pint today. You will make a difference in someone's life!
1 comment:
Major kudos to Jenny for responding and making an appointment to donate! Thank you!
Post a Comment