Friday, May 18, 2007

mother's day

Is it Mother's Day or Mothers' Day? Now that I am actually writing it, I have to confess that I have no clue which one is right. The sad part is that I just read two different blogs all about the day. Just checked, and I'm going with Mother's.

All this is beside the point; I just wanted y'all to know that although Mother's Day is a little sad for me nowadays, Andy and the kids did a great job of making me feel special, and that was nice. Saturday, I was ready to skip Mother's Day altogether; by the end of Sunday, I was OK with it. I think I just need to remember that I am really on the receiving end of the day now, not just the giving end of it.

High points: Andy made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. The children made a card. Fuddruckers for lunch. Quiet time with my laptop (no one said I had to be social all day, did they?). Family bike ride down to Coldstone, Anthropologie, and Trader Joe's. Scrumptious Andy dinner. No dishes (all day!). No bath duty. No bedtime duty. Actually quite a nice way to spend the day.

Happy (late) Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Andy is such a good guy! Glad you had a nice relaxing day! Happy Mother's Day to you!
Love,
Angie