Monday, September 17, 2007

more traveling for me!

I'm not sure what happened, but I think it means our kids are growing up. Suddenly, I am doing things and going places by myself. I have almost forgotten how. Exciting side note here: I am going to see the David Crowder Band in concert in November! Have never seen these guys perform and boy am I excited. And it's one more thing I'm doing sans kids (and hubby, poor guy, I know he would like to go too but it was his idea for me to go). Yippee!

I just got back from a fun fun weekend in Cincinnati with Jenny... hard to believe that we have been best friends for 2/3 of our lives at this point. That seems like a pretty long time to me! Thursday, I drove north with my dad (getting up at the truly ungodly hour of 3:30 am to hit the road without coffee until 6) and landed at Jen's in time for a delightful homemade pizza. For a late dinner.

Dad left Friday morning and Jenny and I started in on a fun weekend... which kind of felt like being back in high school, but on an extended slumber party, and more fun. Jenny also loves to shoot (you should see some of her rockin' pictures from travels in France), so we planned on "playing pictures" a.k.a. shooting whatever looked good to us. It's a different thing for me, shooting scenery instead of children, and I kind of feel lost doing it, but we had fun. (there are pictures on the sadly neglected flickr link if you click that: see, it's right up there on the side. I labeled who took which ones because Jen's still shooting film, but she played with my camera too). We hit Ault Park, which is a beautiful place somewhere in Cincinnati... Jenny's camera tried to scare us with a lockup so we detoured by her friendly camera store and spent a good half an hour talking over all kinds of fun photography subjects with the friendly guy there... then we headed downtown to her office and the newly renovated Fountain Square. On to Dilly Deli for a tasty dinner and then we tried to go see The Bourne Ultimatum, but yours truly suffered a serious attack of motion sickness (I'd like to know who thought that video style was cool, because it's really not), so we bailed halfway through and enjoyed the pleasant evening outside of the coffee shop nearby.

Speaking of which... let me tell you, the weather was awesome. We had the windows open all weekend... almost warm enough for tees, but cool enough that a jacket sounded good, especially in the evening... wow, that weather was just amazing. I came home and it's still in the upper 90s, no end in sight.

Saturday was a leisurely breakfast at First Watch, followed by a delightful ramble through the fabric store (don't even ask), ice cream at Graeter's, and a relaxing afternoon baking cookies and working on the fabric (again, please don't ask). It was just like being in high school again, except we are (supposedly) grownups. Jenny cooked a scrumptious dinner for her parents and my dad, so we spent a fun evening eating and hanging out!

Early, but not too early, flight home on Sunday, which was crazy easy. It was on a budget airline I'd never heard of and I was a little nervous about flying on it, but the price was too good to pass up. We actually left early and landed even earlier, plus they gave me a front row seat. I got off quickly and was able to have lunch with my family! I missed them, but boy was it a fun trip. Very relaxing, too!

No comments: