Friday, October 12, 2007

happy birthday

Hard to imagine it, but my baby brother is 30 today. I feel pretty sure that he was a gawky teenager just yesterday. Or at least last week. But 30? I started to do the math in my head for his age and wanted to pinch myself that it's really 2007. Amazing. I'm sorry I don't have a recent picture of him to share with you, but that's not a problem I can correct until Christmas. At which time I will take care of that. No longer a teenager... he has a lovely, intelligent, and creative wife now, and two cute-as-a-button kids, a house, a real job... the only thing missing is a dog. Hmmm, Rabia, did you get David a puppy for his birthday? Because I'm thinking that's what he's really missing here. Me, I gave him an awesome compact flash card months ago for his new camera, because it's really important to me that he take lots of pictures of his cute children and send them to me since I live thousands of miles away from them and can't shoot them for myself. Talk about a self serving birthday present. Do you even want to know what I'll give him for Christmas?

Sunday: blood drive at church. Stay tuned for times!

No comments: