Sunday, November 4, 2007

two drivers, two cars

I'd like to start this post by saying that we really enjoyed having only one vehicle out in Pasadena. We very rarely had conflicts with who needed the car on any given day. Of course, Andy was able to walk to class and spent a bit of time studying (also on campus). And we lived mere blocks away from the nearest heaven, I mean Starbucks. And Target. And good restaurants. And shopping. Noah's Bagels was too far to walk, but it was an easy bike ride on a Saturday morning. Owning one car made perfect sense (not to mention the fact that we had nowhere to park a second car).

Unfortunately, back home, it doesn't make so much sense. Andy has a totally variable schedule and even I am getting into the act with trying to schedule shoots around silly things like good light. And there aren't a lot of places within walking distance (although we anticipate riding bikes to First Watch when the new one opens!). So we decided that it was time to get a new vehicle. What kind of vehicle was the subject of much debate and contemplation. In the end, we decided to get something subtle and inconspicuous.

What do you think?

4 comments:

Jen said...

ROCK ON!!!

I love it. We're looking forward to getting another car too...once we move from here.

Yellow??? Wow. You know yellow is the rarest of the "favorite colors"? If you poll an audience blue would win with the majority for favorite color, and yellow would be the least favorite color picked. (I think...I may totally be off, but I recall this tidbit from an Erwin sermon/class once)...so you are so UNIQUE and crazy to pick such a color. You Go!!

robin cornett said...

well, jen, i confess yellow would not have been my first choice. but when you're buying used, you kind of go for what's available. but call us unique and crazy if you like! :D

Jason said...

Great car Robin. If it is of any consequence I would have picked you up to shoot us =-)

Anonymous said...

So happy for you guys, I know you were sad to get rid of the other XTerra!!!!Enjoy, and motor on up to St Pete soon!