christmas in virginia
It has been pointed out that I have failed you in my duties as a blogger. Not only have I not wished you a Merry Christmas yet, but I also forgot to tell you all that we were leaving for the holiday (not, I suppose, that that is a fact one wants to advertise online, is it?). To make up for it, today's post is excruciatingly long. We flew up to Virginia for a family holiday with my mother's family--our first time with that side since last May/June and this was actually my first time to see my new niece! Who is not so new anymore. She is cute, though, and now I have documented that fact for myself. Here are some pictures.
We wanted a picture of all the great grandchildren with my grandfather. My father has absolutely no reason to be in the picture except that her Miminess (the aforementioned niece) refused to let him put her down. I think he encourages her.
My grandfather and my uncle. Who is not distinguished. And who took my family on a "three mile hike" on Friday. He neglected to mention that we would have to still hike back.
Isn't he cute? This is my nephew. Who looks just like my brother at the same age, but in a different shade. Actually, her Miminess looks even more like my brother at the same age and the two kids don't look much alike, so the conclusion is that Isaac actually looks more like his mama, which is totally OK. And I will point out that her Miminess is actually cuter than my brother, but most toddlers are much cuter than their parents.If you are wondering if you are no longer on our Christmas card list, don't worry, you probably are. We just haven't ordered cards yet. We'll be doing New Year's cards this year. Or SuperBowl cards. Maybe Easter?











1 comment:
For uncooperative kids, I think you got some good shots.
See, you ought to come visit us this summer and do a photo shoot outside. Summer in Vermont is pretty. :D
Post a Comment