ugly mug makes some goooood coffee
Mark & Mylissa sent us a Christmas present with two things in it. One was a book called The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible (link) and the other was a pound of coffee from a company called Ugly Mug.
First, the book. It's quite well written and hilarious at times. I read it more or less against my will, but I will say that I really enjoyed the ride. He got some things right... I would venture to say that he missed the boat on quite a lot about the Bible and our faith (both Jewish and Christian but more so on Christian). Fun book, though.
The other part of the gift.... mmmm..... wow. Andy and I are kind of picky about our coffee. Him more so than me. For me, as long as it's hot, strong, and black, I can live with Maxwell House. Not he. So you have to understand that sending Andy coffee (that's not Starbucks) as a gift is a gutsy proposition. We liked the first bag enough that we ordered a second, a different blend. And this one knocked our socks off. So, we're hooked.
To that end, I'm going to share the wealth with you (so to speak). Go visit Ugly Mug. And order some coffee. The best part is that when you use that link that I just gave you (no typing in the address please), 25% of the proceeds off the coffee go to benefit Habitat for Hope. I have to tell you, I've been sitting on the email with this code for a while, partly because I can send money to HFH without buying gross coffee. But now that I know it's not gross, I am spreading the good news that you can buy good coffee and support a wonderful cause!
I would also like to tell you that I met the CEO type for this company when I was in Memphis for Labor Day and I got to hear the philosophy behind Ugly Mug. Y'all, this is fair trade coffee--really--and it is roasted right there in Memphis! So it's really a threefer--buy good coffee, support Habitat for Hope, and drink responsibly. We are almost done with the second bag. Time to go buy more.
Now, where did I put that link? Go order yourself some coffee!
2 comments:
the Elvis coffee? why didn't u just say Elvis is on it? which brand did u like?
We haven't tried the Elvis coffee... the first one we got, which was OK but not a showstopper, was the first cup blend. The really fantastic one was a darker blend called "Hardy Passion." Wow. It was just awesome.
Post a Comment