poor piglet!
A lovely friend of mine offered to watch my kids for me this morning so I could have some "me" time, which was very exciting, both for me and for them. However, things just didn't quite turn out as planned.... after about 45 minutes or so (just enough time for me to order a cup of coffee and sit down with my strata at Bennett's), my cell phone rang with bad news... Elanor had fallen and gashed her chin. She and I spent the rest of the morning at the ER so she could get it glued back together. Once again, though, she was a total trooper. She didn't cry the entire time we waited and lay completely still while they swabbed out the gash (about an inch long). Interestingly enough, she burst into tears as soon as they were done. I think she had just had it emotionally at that point. She's a tough kid.
Of course, Andy won't know what happened until he gets home tomorrow as he is currently in Belize....
3 comments:
Tell Ela that she now matches her Aunt Kim, who still has a scar on her chin today, having fallen out of her bunk bed at about Ela's age and caught a wooden stool on the way down. I think I had 6 stiches...
Scars are cool, Ela! :)
Oh Joy!
Ella and Izaiah now have a matching injury! Lickily for him, we were able to glue it at the ped's office. So sorry for your cancelled day off!
Elanor, big girls DO cry when they leave the hospital. I did after my dog bite :) God bless you honey! yaya
Post a Comment