soccer season
Ever since the season was over last fall, Michael has been begging to play soccer again. We changed leagues because of some friends and Andy is being a "helpful" parent (I may miss some games due to client shoots, but hopefully not many!). I love this new league already and here are some reasons why:
- His coach (one of our friends) says that she (yes, she) would volunteer to coach a team even if her son wasn't playing.
- They are learning real ball handling techniques.
- The coaches (and "helpful" parents) went to an extra coaching seminar last week to learn what they are supposed to be teaching the boys.
- Once a month, the teams attend a special (extra) clinic, to receive coaching from an actual soccer player (well, today he was probably a footballer).
Not sure what Elanor was up to here. But yes, her tongue is always hanging out when she's concentrating.
Michael wasn't smiling at me--Ihad my zoom on. I think he was just having fun.
Normally when there are people in the background of a picture, they are all uncooperatively piled on top of each other. How did I get this lovely V arrangement?
Elanor, doing ballet with an extra ball.
Caroline, also balleting with the ball.
I love her face in this shot. And yes, Dad, I know she's not actually completely in it.
Getting them when they are just happy instead of cheesing it up for the camera is a real thrill.
Oh yeah, there was soccer going on here somewhere, wasn't there?
Dude in front of Michael was the footballer (at least he sounded like he'd say football, not soccer).
I could be wrong, but I actually don't think soccer is that much of a contact sport. Is it?
2 comments:
I love these photos, robin! So precious, and the beauty of capturing these shots unobserved is striking. Can't believe how fast the kiddos are growing - they look so different from even three months ago! Growing weeds. Thanks for helping me start my day off w/ a big smile. Love and miss you guys. -Kim
i couldnt agree more, only i am ENDING my day with a HUGE smile. thanks Robin - I miss out on a lot, but not nearly so much because of how faithful you are with the photos. Cant wait to see you guys soon! love mom
Post a Comment