Thursday, November 20, 2008

yes, dad, i still do get motion sickness

A guy I know in Salt Lake City had taken a really cool picture of his three kids on a little merry-go-round at a neighborhood park and I thought I'd like to try it since we have one in our little park. I failed to factor in the following:

  1. There is way more light down here than there is almost anywhere else in the US. This matters because part of the fun was to slow the shutter speed down enough to make the background really blurry, but slowing the shutter speed lets in MORE light, and when you're starting with oceans of light already.... and yes, it was almost sunset. Still just lots of light.
  2. I really have serious problems with motion sickness. And this shot required me riding the merry-go-round with the children. Serious problems. As in, I have to be the driver in any mountains, or else I will be miserable. It's really not a control thing, honey, it's my stomach.
The kids thought it was hilarious. Here are some of the shots I liked:






When we were done, I had to collapse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! so fun. also, you hair is quite cute!

b

The Walmer Family said...

Love the pics! I have yet to find a merry go round in Houston! So sad...

andy cornett said...

what can I say: they are just gorgeous pics, Robin - and so are you! Thanks for putting these up.

and Rachel - what's up with no merry go rounds in Houston!???????