overheard in Fort Myers
Caroline: "Elanor, you are stup ... endous!" (ed. note: we've had issues with calling each other stupid)
Elanor: "I'm not stupid .. endous. Wait - what does stupendous mean?
Michael (interjecting): "Nice word, Caroline ...
Caroline: "it means really super awesome, um, big and wonderful I think ...
Elanor (pouting): "Well, I'm not stupendous. I don't want you to call me stupendous.
Caroline: "Stupendous! Stupendous!"
Just some snippets of conversation to share with you. In other news, I (Andy) am off to Mexico tonight with a group of 40 High Schoolers and leaders from Covenant. It's a repeat (albeit larger) of last year's trip, and I'm very ecstatic to have these next seven days with them as a kind of "immersion" back in their lives and this ministry. We'll be building house through SonServants with Faith Ministry - an excellent mission trip. I would appreciate your prayers for me and for my family as I'm away. Strength and courage all around!
grace and peace - Andy
No comments:
Post a Comment