Thursday, February 14, 2008

my blood has sooooo thinned out

Thought I'd sneak this one in while we're waiting... The kids and I flew up to Ohio last week to spend a few days with my dad before dragging him back here with us. I cannot begin to tell you how cold I was. Yes, it's official, seven years in sunny Florida has turned this girl into a temperature wimp. We spent a fun Friday at the Boonshoft (sp?) Children's Museum (formerly known as the Dayton Museum of Natural History).

Everyone had wet sleeves in about five minutes.

Yes, the tongue always comes out when intense concentration is required.

Michael totally hammed it up for the camera in the jail cell. What mother could resist?

I just wanted to show you that while his mother was shivering, this child was wearing shorts. Every day. He did concede that it was cold enough to wear pants outside when he wanted to go collect sticks. One science experiment we threw in for free was putting a bucket of water on the back porch to see how long it took to freeze. The answer? About an afternoon.

I think you are supposed to look through the other end of the binoculars.

They are looking for birds. And squirrels.

A totally cool exhibit about building things... this little Lincoln Log house is on an earthquake platform. Maybe if I had slowed down the shutter speed you could have seen the wobble. It withstood the quake, though, thanks to Grampa.

Elanor's favorite part was the hand dryer (next to the speedboat exhibit). I just wish I'd pulled the camera out in time to get her aiming her other end up at the dryer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i am COMPLETELY and UNASHAMEDLY biased, I know, but they are THE most photogenic children on the planet. Loved the hair dryer pix.

The Walmer Family said...

Isn't it amazing how a few years down South can turn you into a wimp? I feel the same way! If we do move north in a few years, I will have a rude awakening, that's for sure! And my poor kids! They've never been exposed to temperatures below 40!