Saturday, November 8, 2008

could* and hot

So the other night, the 8-year-old comes storming out of his room, in a hurry, asking if he can get some paper and pencil to write down a poem while he was thinking about it. I said sure, and today this is what I found.

"Could and Hot"

I'm could and hot,
sick and not,
and have an upset stomach.
The light is on,
I've got some girls,
the room is hot,
I'm sick and not.
Got a clock?
motion, motion, all that motion,
It makes me so crasy.
It's very hot and I've
some snot.

The End
11/6/08

* I think he meant, "cold."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! We've got a little poet (perhaps a Silverstein?) that has inherited the literay prowess of both his mother and father. :)
Also, I am just thinking how cool it is going to be for the kiddos to read back through this blog one day, when they care about their upbringing and want to be reminded of what their life was like as kids! Thanks for giving the far away aunt a continued glimpse into your lives!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Budding poet, he is! :)

andy cornett said...

i know! he just cracks me up sometimes. like a month or two ago when he grabbed my journal in church and was doodling, then left this sentence trailing all down the page: "I wrote these words while time went all funny ..."

?!?!?!

Unknown said...

okay but does he also draw pictures as his dad used to do in church of f16s and killer whales and the wide gate and narrow gate? This is just GREAT and thanks for sending the poem. I love the ":while time went all funny...." oh to think like that! love mom