boxes, boxes, everywhere
Well, we are back online (it's amazing how critical that seems to be to my health and well being!), Andy is back at work, and there are still boxes everywhere. Their numbers are dwindling, thank goodness, but woof. We found a couch that I really really like--Andy likes it too, but we can't quite bring ourselves to pull the trigger on it. It's kind of an intimidating purchase, you know?
Update: the garbage disposal is not dead; it was merely frozen and a turn with an allen wrench brought it back to the land of the living (thank you, Dad). Bathroom faucets: still only half functional; they are waiting for my dad to arrive in person to wrestle them into submission.
Apparently I drove across the entire country with a bad wheel bearing, which was fixed by our local Nissan dealer yesterday. Let me tell you, it is like having a whole new car. I could drive another 3000 miles just to listen to it purr. The purring was overshadowed by the thrumming of the wheel bearing. I never did love the dealer out in Alhambra... seems to me they should have caught this when they were doing that expensive 30,000 mile checkup (when I specifically mentioned the long cross country drive coming up). Glad to be back home with my own dealer's service department, which I am still surprised by my satisfaction with. If that sentence didn't make sense, I apologize. I think I could use a day of sleeping in.
1 comment:
We enjoyed seeing ya'll and are so glad you are back. I'm giving you some time to unpack and then hope to see you really soon.
Angie
Post a Comment